D’Addario EXL220 Bass Guitar Strings Super Light offers more flexibility for players than a standard bass set while still maintaining the distinctive combination of tone and feel found in all XL Nickel Wound bass sets. Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches.
D’Addario EXL220 Bass Guitar Strings Super Light Features:
- Light gauging offers more flexibility while maintaining fundamental tone
- Round wound with nickelplated steel for a distinctive bright tone with clear fundamentals
- Fits long scale basses with a string scale length of up to 36 1/4 inches
- Made in the U.S.A. for the highest quality and performance
- String Gauges: Wound .040, .060, .075, .095
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh.
D’Addario’s first factory was in Lynbrook, New York, and the initial staff consisted of only five employees. As always, it was a real family operation with John, Sr., John, Jr. and James leading the company’s growth and business plans. James’ wife Janet helped to design packaging, heading up what would eventually become the company’s art department. The printing facility was still a strong support for the fledgling company, providing a steady source of income as the family developed their superior line of strings. The D’Addario reputation for service and quality served them well as they tapped into the market with their own products. Aggressive marketing strategies would help their product line gain popularity, and the staff of five quickly multiplied to fifteen.