The Yamaha MG12 Analog Mixer is designed to provide an incredibly pure, transparent sound at a premium level. The MG12 includes high-quality components such as discrete pre-amps that deliver sound full of clarity, switchable phantom power for condenser microphone integration, multiple EQ filters, 1-knob compressor for optimal compression settings, and an AUX input. The analog mixer offers 10 channels and is fully protected within an extremely durable metal chassis.
Studio Grade Preamps
The preamp is the starting point when it comes to mixers and they are the most vital components for determining the quality of your mix. The mixers within the Yamaha MG series all feature a studio-grade class-A D-PRE preamp to deliver more power at a lower impedance. This premium preamp possesses an extremely wide frequency range and delivers a sound full of fat bass tones and incredibly smooth highs with little to no distortion. This pure platform allows you to get straight into the performance without needing to spend wasted time trying to ‘fix’ your mix.
Custom Made MG01 Op-Amp
The sound quality is derived from the head amp, and one of the most important sections of the head amp is the op-amp. The Yamaha MG series mixers all have custom made MG01 amplifiers that focus on sound quality first and foremost. This integrated circuit is redesigned for optimal resolution.
Yamaha MG12 Analog Mixer Switchable Phantom Power & PAD Switch
The mixing consoles within the MG series gives users outstanding control over the improved frequency response and sound quality of condenser microphones. The input channel with PAD switch allows MIC to line level of inputs and attenuates high input signals. Therefore, the mixer can avoid issues with clipping that can be so prevalent in affecting a mix.
Professionally Tailored Sound
Overall, the MG series of mixers gives you the tools to succeed in creating high quality sound that features your own unique touch. With 1-knob compressors, users can alter the dynamics of an audio signal. This is incredibly useful when wanting to add more life to a guitar tone, heavier bass lines, tight snare sounds and crisper vocal performances. The intuitive Yamaha knob design ensures simple access for optimised compression settings.
Yamaha MG12 Analog Mixer Total Tonal Control
To add the little details to your overall mix, the MG12 includes 3-band equalisers on all mono channels to give you complete control. Along with a reliable high-pass filter, the analog mixer eliminates unwanted low-frequency noise for an astonishingly clean mix.
Wide Variety Of Connector
Every model in the MG series feature balanced XLR connectors on mono microphone, line channels and XLR equipped stereo channels. These mono inputs accept both mic and line level signals. Two stereo inputs have XLR and two phone connectors, accepting line level signals suitable for mono or stereo. The MG12 model features an additional stereo channel with a pair of jack sockets for LINE levels.
Yamaha MG12 Analog Mixer Durable Construction
Mixing consoles experience harsh environmental conditions such as excessive temperatures, humidity, unstable power supplies and the testing conditions of travel in general. This is why the MG series mixers have been built to last and withstand the trials and tribulations of a variety of testing situations. The console features an incredibly robust, powder-coated metal chassis that is designed for convection cooling as well as reducing operational noise. The circuit board and each component underneath is thoroughly protected with controlled placement of the chassis to ensure that no impact passes through the casing.
Included In The Box
- 1 x Yamaha MG12 Analog Mixer
- 1 x AC Adapter
- 1 x Owner’s Manual
- 1 x Technical Specifications Sheet
Yamaha MG12 Analog Mixer Features
- Discrete Class-A mic preamps
- High quality sound op-amp
- Switchable phantom power & PAD switch
- 1-knob compressors
- AUX input
- EQ & high-pass filters
- Variety of input & output connectors
- LED level metering
- Metal chassis
Yamaha MG12 Analog Mixer Specifications
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Input Channels
- Mono (Mic/Line): 6
- Stereo (Line): 4
- Output Channels
- Stereo Out: 2
- Monitor Out: 1
- Phones: 1
- AUX Send: 1
- Bus: Stereo: 1, AUF[FX]: 1
- Input Channel Function
- PAD: 26 dB (Mono)
- HPF: 80Hz, 12dB/oct (Mono)
- 1-Knob Compressor Threshold: +22dBu to -8dBu
- Ratio: 1:1 to 4:1
- Output Level: 0 dB to 7 dB
- Attack Time: Approx 25 msec
- Release Time: Approx 300 msec
- EQ High: (Mono) Gain: +15dB/-15dB, Frequency: 10kHz Shelving
- EQ Mid: Gain: +15dB/-15dB, Frequency: 2.5kHz Peaking
- EQ Low: (Mono) Gain: +15dB/-15dB, Frequency: 100Hz Shelving
- Peak LED: LED Turns On When Post EQ Signal Reaches 3dB Below Clipping
- Level Metre: 2 x 7 -Segment LED Metre (Peak, +10, +6, 0, -6, -10, -20dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.02 @ +14dBu, Gain Knob: Min, 0.003% @ +24dBu, Gain Knob: Min
- Frequency Response: +0.5dB/-1.0dB, Refer To Nominal Output Level
- Hum & Noise Level
- Equivalent Input Noise: -128 dBu (Mono Input Channel, Rs: 150Ω, Gain Knob: Max)
- Residual Output Noise: -102 dBu (Stereo Out, Stereo Level Knob: Min)
- Crosstalk: -83 dB
- Power Requirements: PA-10 (AC 38 VCT, 0.62A, Cable Length = 3.6m