Boss Katana 50 MKII EX Guitar Combo Amplifier
The Boss Katana 50 MKII EX Guitar Combo Amplifier is the ideal model for the player that practices during the week and performs at the weekend. If you need one amp to do it all – this is it! You’re getting all the impressive of the tone capabilities of the standard 50 MK II, plus additional connectivity features that makes playing onstage a breeze.
Firstly, the 50 MKII EX now supports Boss’s GA-FC and GA-FC EX footswitches. These allow you to select tone setting memories, effects and more without going near the amp, adding fluidity to your performance. In addition to that is a line out connection that can send your mix-ready tone to a house PA for professional-grade audio. And if you just need more sound, then the stereo expand feature lets you hook up another Katana Mk II to massively increase your output, and control them both from the same footswitch! It’s time to conquer the stage!
Expanded connectivity makes gigging a breeze
Are you a practice and performer? Don’t want to lug heavy equipment around to venues? The 50 MKII EX is your perfect solution. Aside from being an incredibly capable combo amp on its own, the expanded connectivity of the 50 MKII Ex makes performing a breeze.
Connect to a house PA using the line out while keeping the amp speaker active. Double your output by hooking up an additional Katana MKII using the stereo expand feature and shape your sound from afar with support for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal.
Support for the GA-FC and GA-FC EX footswitches
Take control to another level. These dedicated Boss switches will make your performance seamless thanks to the enhanced remote tone shaping they provide. Flick through every setting on your Katana and influence your effects from afar. No more awkward trips to the combo during or in-between songs, now you can do it all with a tap of your foot!
Sensational tube tone
Authentic tube feel, every time you plug in. The Boss Katana MKII ensures every player can experience the coveted sound of a genuine tube amplifier in a design that’s built for the modern stage. Using Boss’s Tube Logic approach, the Katana MKII becomes richer and more responsive as you crank up the volume. And, thanks to an incorporated power control, finding that tube tone sweet spot is simpler than ever. Just dial back the wattage and maintain high volume to unleash inspiring crunch tones in any environment, without bringing the house down.
No one should have to compromise on their tone. And the Boss Katana MKII ensures you have the freedom to push your amp to its full potential, wherever you are.
As guitarists, we are constantly exploring the expansive world of amp tone. Which is exactly why Boss have loaded the Katana MKII with five different amp characters for you to indulge in. The Clean setting gives you all the crisp, natural clarity you crave, while the Crunch option provides those gritty, blues-rock tones that defined an era.
The next step is Lead. Soaring melodies and scorching distorted tones for solos of any genre – and we mean any genre. For the gain-lovers; Brown. From chugging to shredding, the Brown setting is born for all things metal. And finally, an Acoustic mode for that soothing, resonant voice that’ll make your electro-acoustic sparkle with character. Truthfully, there really isn’t anything the MKII can’t do.
And we’re still not done. In this second incarnation of the Katana, Boss have added two variants for each amp character. So players now have 10 amp tones to experiment with, unearthing even more sonic possibilities for your sound. And, with 4 integrated memory slots, you can save your sculpted tones and access them whenever you need to with the touch of a button. It’s this extensive versatility that makes the Katana MKII Boss’s most functional amp to date, and why players now have the power to truly explore their creativity to its fullest.
Let your creativity flourish
Decorate your tone. The Boss Katana MKII comes equipped with five simultaneous effects categories for you to sculpt, shape, and innovate your sound. But these effects aren’t just your standard, factory presets – they’re fully customisable, putting the tone-shaping power of an entire pedalboard right inside your amplifier. Boosts, delay, reverb, and so much more; the MKII features three variations of each effect, gifting you 15 ways to colour your sound right out of the box.
But this is merely the tip of the iceberg. Because the Boss Tone Studio lets you dive deeper. Much deeper. Home to over 60 (yes, 60) different effect types, there really is no end to your creative potential. Change the order of your virtual pedal chain, and discover the capabilities of your favourite Boss effects. You can even alter your mic’d cab emulation setting to find the precise tone you require. Because Boss know the best way to enhance creativity, and remove all restrictions for the player.
Boss Katana 50 MKII EX Guitar Combo Amplifier Specifications:
- Rated Power Output: 50 W
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm), AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- Speaker: 30 cm (12 inches) x 1
- Controls: POWER switch, MASTER knob, POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 25 W, 50 W)
- Amplifier: VARIATION button, AMP TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN), GAIN knob, VOLUME knob
- Equalizer: BASS knob, MIDDLE knob, TREBLE knob
- Multi Effect: BOOSTER button, MOD button, FX button, DELAY button, REVERB button, TAP button, BOOSTER knob, MOD knob, FX knob, DELAY knob, REVERB knob
- Tone Setting: CH1 button, CH2 button, PANEL button
- Indicators: VARIATION, BOOSTER, MOD, FX, DELAY, REVERB, TAP, CH1, CH2, PANEL
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- POWER AMP IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- GA-FC/CTL SOLO jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB port: USB B type
- AC IN jack
- Power Consumption: 47 W
- Dimensions (Include handle and rubber feet): 470 (W) x 238 (D) x 398 (H) mm, 18-9/16 (W) x 9-3/8 (D) x 15-11/16 (H) inches
- Weight: 11.7 kg, 25 lbs 13 oz
- Accessories: Owner’s Manual, Power cord, GA-FC sticker
- Options (sold separately): Footswitch: FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7, Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, EV-30, FV-500L, FV-500H, GA FOOT CONTROLLER (GA-FC,GA-FC EX), Amplifier Stand: BAS-1